- Sean G. Smith
- 1 Hour 35 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Mar 27, 2020
In the space of one short week, the entire world has been put on high alert. And healthcare workers are at the front line. With a critical role to provide. We hope always to deliver the life-saving interventions needed for the patients entrusted to our care.
Nurses, doctors, respiratory therapists, leaders….we are now nearly constantly bombarded with COVID 19 information from both mainstream media and the various professional societies. How do we filter this overwhelming cascade to do the right things, right now? How do we provide the best patient care during these evolving times? And protect ourselves…and our families?
This presentation provides clear and concrete clinical applications coming from the WHO, the CDC guidelines, and a current summary from the various Emergency Medicine/Critical-Care professional societies – necessary for front-line staff. Together, we will explore how you can apply the very latest clinical best practices to optimize resources and outcomes for your COVID-19 patients. Specific topics will address the unprecedented challenges when it comes to:
- Patient triage
- Infectious disease practice principles
- Ventilator management strategies….and more!
- Perform critical isolation strategies
- Evaluate early signs and symptoms of potential COVID-19 patients
- Diagnostic and Early Clinical Pathways for suspected COVID-19 patients
- Safely move suspected COVID-19 patients – both within and out of your healthcare environment
- Management Strategies for the COVID-19 Patient Population
- Specific Strategies for Specific Populations
- (Geriatric, Pediatric, Immune Compromised/Suppressed, etc.)
- Specific Strategies for Complicated Co-morbidities
- Chronic Disease States: Asthma, COPD, CF, CHF, CKD, etc)
- Specific Strategies for Specific Practice Environments
- (Inpatient, Outpatient, and Nursing Homes/Home Healthcare)
Sean G. Smith, C-EFM, C-NPT, FP-C, TP-C, RNC-NIC, CEN, CFRN, CPEN, CCRN-CMC (Adult), CCRN-K (Neonatal), CCRN-K (Pediatric) Related seminars and products: 11
Critical-Care Professionals International
Sean G. Smith, C-EFM, C-NPT, FP-C, TP-C, RNC-NIC, CEN, CFRN, CPEN, CCRN-CMC (Adult), CCRN-K (Neonatal), CCRN-K (Pediatric), is a flight nurse-paramedic who has practiced and taught Trauma Care, Tactical Medicine, Emergency/Critical Care and Prehospital Emergency Medical Services, both in the military and the civilian world. He holds degrees in nursing and molecular biology, is a graduate of Duke University’s Legal Nurse Consulting program and is currently pursuing a master’s degree through the University of Florida College of Pharmacy. He holds multiple advanced specialty certifications as well as extensive instructor qualifications in critical care and emergency medicine.
Career highlights include numerous author/co-author credits, including: a best-selling Laboratory Medicine textbook, a chapter on Shock in Trauma Nursing Core Curriculum, and a section in the newly released Resuscitation Crisis Manual. Sean consults on clinical, legal and certification prep for numerous high-profile hospital systems (Yale, Mayo…). He routinely lectures at national/international conferences, has completed 50 + medical missions (Dominican Republic, Honduras, Morocco, Liberia, and Haiti), and medical support to the NASA Space Shuttle Program.
Financial: Sean G. Smith receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Sean G. Smith has no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.
6 reviews for Sean G. Smith – The Coronavirus Crisis: Answers for our Frontline Healthcare Staff
There are no reviews yet.